Our curriculum at Vaughan is designed to prepare all pur pupils for a happy future. Our curriculum allows children to build on their learning, progressively acquiring the knowledge and skills needed for the next stage in their education whether it be the next key stage or the next year group. This means ensuring children are confident in their reading, writing and maths, which supports them in fully accessing the wider and broader curriculum and the enrichment opportunities that we offer at Vaughan Primary School.
Skills that are taught are rehearsed and embedded over the course of time ensuring our pupils are secure in what they are learning. They are challenged not only to develop their understanding, but to master and articulate it in different ways and using different media forms. As a result, our pupils are successful, self-motivated, independent learners who love to learn.
We aim for all our pupils to leave us ready for life in Modern Britain. We want our pupils to develop skills and attitudes that motivate them to become life-long learners. These are embedded through our curriculum offer and celebrated throughout the year.
At Vaughan Primary School we strive to develop the skills and attitudes that help children become life-long learners and succeed in their future. These are embedded in our curriculum and celebrated in all classes and in our wider community.
Throughout our curriculum we provide:
- cross-curricular links where they are meaningful.
- resources that are inspiring and motivating and ensure that all pupils learn and progress
- relevant and rich first-hand experiences including visits and visitors
- an appropriate level of challenge for pupils, no matter what their starting point
- opportunities for deep thinking and debate
- regular opportunities for parents to be involved in their child’s learning
- spiritual, moral, social and cultural development through the curriculum