Support and Advice for Children
If you have a worry or need some support and a trusted adult cannot help, you can contact the following organisations for help.
- Childline (0800 1111, www.childline.org.uk) – This is a confidential service for children and young people. No problem is too big or too small and they’re there to listen and support you with anything you’d like to talk about. Or you can have a 1-2-1 counsellor chat online.
- NSPCC (0808 800 5000, www.nspcc.org.uk)
- Harrow Children Services - 020 8901 2690.
- Harrow Children Services – Emergency out of hours: 020 8424 0999
- Police – in case of an emergency - 999.
Year 6 only
- Kooth – Kooth is a web based confidential support service available to young people. Kooth provides a safe and secure means of accessing mental health and wellbeing support.
- Kooth offers young people the opportunity to have a text-based conversation with a qualified counsellor.
- Counsellors are available from 12noon to 10pm on weekdays and 6pm to 10 pm at weekends, every day of the year on a drop-in basis. You can access regular booked online counselling sessions as needed.
- Outside counselling hours’ young people can message the team and get support by the next day.
- When you register with Kooth, you will have support available now and in the future. Support can be gained not only through counselling but articles, forums and discussion boards. All content is age appropriate, clinically approved and fully moderated.
To find out more visit www.Kooth.com where you can register and find out more about the service.
You can also view a short video about the service at: